Cape Town boardroom team meeting guide
Setting up Teams
In order to have the Cape Town boardroom participate in Teams meetings,
firstname.lastname@example.org needs to be added to the meeting recipients list (Required or Optional).
You cannot invite
email@example.com for meetings organised by external party, however you can join external meetings from the boardroom by join via a meeting link.
Operating the Dell Optiflex and TV
The ct_boardroom user account has been added to the Dell Optiflex Mini PC, which is connected to the boardroom TV. To host meetings attendees in the board room have to switch on the Dell Optiflex, if it is not on already, as well as the TV.
Start the Dell Optiflex
- To start the Dell Optiflex, press the button labelled 1 in the image above on the device. If it is already on, the LED will be green (you will have to shade it with your hand as it is not very bright).
Switch on the TV
- Find the Samsung remote from the picture above, and press the button labelled 1.
- If the TV source does not automatically switch to the HDMI to which the Optiflex is connected, use the navigation wheel and button to select
Source, and then
- If the TV menu is not displaying, press the Home button, labelled 3. Use the navigation buttons on the remote to scroll left until the
Sourceitem is highlighted. Select it and choose
Logon to the Dell Optiflex
To log on to the Dell Optiflex as
firstname.lastname@example.org you can:
- Enter the PIN code provided on the Quick Guide that can be found in the board room.
- Plug the YubiKey into the USB port labelled 2 on the image of the Dell Optiflex.
Teams should automatically start and display. However, it is possible that a previous user closed the application. You can find Teams on the taskbar or by searching for it in the