The following communication tools will be covered in this post:
- An Outlook account has been set up for you already. The details will be provided with your laptop.
- An internal email group (NML) has been set up and includes the email addresses of everyone at NML.
- To book a meeting room you need to invite the relevant meeting room to your meeting. If it is not available it will reject your request.
- The Office Manager will assist you with the set-up of your e-mail signature.
- Don't reply all unless it involves all.
- When you send out an email to everyone and it is not very important (e.g. an interesting article) use #low in the subject line so that people can prioritise accordingly.
- Be conscious of the size of attachments when sending emails. If it is too big rather use dropbox or other similar tools to share files.
- Do not send usernames and passwords via emails.
- Personal use of email is allowed as long as it is kept to a minimum and does not interfere with work related activities.
- Respect your fellow employees. Don’t talk about other people in emails or Skype messages. Someone will see it somewhere. Rather step out and chat to someone if you need to.
- Used to easily communicate with other team members.
- Not the preferred tool for team communication.
- Slack is the preferred communication tool (see next section).
- Slack is New Media Labs' preferred collaboration tool for internal project and team communications.
- Refer to the following post for guidelines: http://nmldocs.azurewebsites.net/2015/04/09/slack-guideline/