Internet and e-mail use
NML does not have formal policies regarding this and to ensure that such policies will not be necessary, the following guidelines are provided:
- Non-work related websites should only be browsed / accessed during breaks or lunchtime.
- Be aware of your internet usage. No downloading of movies, etc. at work.
- Be conscious of the size of attachments when sending emails if it is too big rather use dropbox or other similar tools to share files.
- Be aware of the client’s policies around the transmission / storage of sensitive information.
- Don’t send usernames and passwords via emails. Familiarise yourself with the NML security guidelines.
- Personal use of email is allowed as long as it is kept to a minimum and does not interfere with work related activities.