OS and Browser List
These are the currently supported platforms and browsers:
|Operating system||Browser||Browser version|
These are the currently supported Mobile devices:
|Android||Samsung||Galaxy Tab 3|
Agile Testing checklist
Agile testing is a software testing practice that follows the principles of agile software development. Agile testing involves all members of a cross-functional agile team, with special expertise contributed by testers, to ensure delivering the business value desired by the customer at frequent intervals, working at a sustainable pace. Specification by example is used to capture examples of desired and undesired behaviour and guide coding.
- All fields on page (e.g. text box, radio options, dropdown lists) should be aligned properly
- Numeric values should be right justified unless specified otherwise
- Enough space should be provided between field labels, columns, rows, error messages etc.
- Scroll bar should be enabled only when necessary
- Font size, style and colour for headline, description text, labels, infield data, and grid info should be standard as specified in SRS
- Description text box should be multi-line
- Disabled fields should be greyed out and user should not be able to set focus on these fields
- Upon click of any input text field, mouse arrow pointer should get changed to cursor
- Information filled by users should remain intact when there is error message on page submit. User should be able to submit the form again by correcting the errors
- Check if proper field labels are used in error messages
- Dropdown field values should be displayed in defined sort order
- Default radio options should be pre-selected on page load
- Check if correct fields are highlighted in case of errors
- Check if dropdown list options are readable and not truncated due to field size limit
- All buttons on page should be accessible by keyboard shortcuts and user should be able to perform all operations using keyboard
- Check all pages for broken images
- Check all pages for broken links
- All pages should have title
- Confirmation messages should be displayed before performing any update or delete operation
- User should be able to select only one radio option and any combination for check boxes.
Bug Tracking System
A bug tracking system is a software application that keeps track of reported software bugs in software development projects.
Atlassian Jira - https://newmedialabs.atlassian.net
Azure DevOps - https://dev.azure.com/NewMediaLabs
Bug Logging Template
When logging a bug, the outline below should be used by internal testers as well as clients
Test Summary/Description: Describe test objective in brief.
Pre-condition: Any prerequisite that must be fulfilled before execution of this test case. List all pre-conditions in order to successfully execute this test case.
Dependencies: Mention any dependencies on other test cases or test requirement.
Test Steps: List all test execution steps in detail. Write test steps in the order in which these should be executed. Make sure to provide as much details as you can. Tip – to efficiently manage test case with lesser number of fields use this field to describe test conditions, test data and user roles for running test.
Test Data: Use of test data as an input for this test case. You can provide different data sets with exact values to be used as an input.
Expected Result: What should be the system output after test execution? Describe the expected result in detail including message/error that should be displayed on screen.
Actual result: Actual test result should be filled after test execution. Describe system behaviour after test execution.
- Test Summary/Description: Freeze after tapping “Save”
- OS: 8.3
- Device: iPhone 4S/5/6/6+
- Build: 60
- Test Steps:
- Download build 60
- Add User
- Tap Save
- App Freezes
- Test Data:
- Username – Admin
- Password - Password
- Expected Result: App should not freeze
- Actual result: App freezes after tapping save
Test Case Template
A test case is a set of conditions under which a tester will determine whether an application, software system or one of its features is working as it was originally established for it to do.
A timesheet is a method for recording the amount of a worker's time spent on each job.
E.g. for logging time:
- Billable/Non billable drop down
- Bug tracking ID E.g. NML-55
- Time taken
Release Certificate Web
|IE11||Edge 17||Firefox 68||Chrome 75||Safari 12||Opera 60|
Release Certificate Mobile
|iPhone 4s||iPhone 5||iPhone 6||iPhone 6+||Samsung S4||iPad|